Saturday, June 2, 2018

Special Korean food in highway rest area!



Hello my name is Jisun..   Right now me and my mom is at highway rest area in South Korea A place for rest in Korea If you ride a bus or car for a long time, it can make you sleepy and exhausted right? Maybe it will be okay if you ride a bus.. But it can be so dangerous if you drive a car for a very long time by yourself. There are so much rest area in Korea in order to let the drivers have a rest here.

Korean rest area have their typical foods. So today, I will show you some snacks that you can find in Korean rest area.       Usually, if you ride a bus, they will only stop and wait for you in only 15 minutes. So we have to eat hurriedly..

Fortunately, today I came by car with my mom.. So I don't have to eat so quickly But usually buses will only wait for 15 minutes. So there are so many foods that are easy and can be eaten quickly. There are many kind of fish cakes (eomuk in korea), korean skewered food and another snacks The first snack is...

I'm sure there will be many people have already know about this food. This is corn dog (hotdog in korea) But the potatoes are outside. Potato corndog ($3.5) Let's try it!   Hmm.. The typical corn dog taste Truthfully, this is not a special taste for me.

Because I have already ate corn dog frequently at rest area. Corn dog is one of my favourite snacks at korean rest area. Unfortunately, there's another food that I want to show you, my most favourite one, but it has been sold out everywhere :( It's so regrettable because I really want to show it to you. Maybe next time, okay? :)   It can make my jaw dislocated LOL :') The potatoes that are outside are very crispy And at the inside there is a sausage that's wrapped with bread.

 These both are fish cakes (eomuk in korea) This one with octopus filling and the other one with shrimp. Each taste is different Now, I want to try the shrimp fish cake first Shrimp fish cake ($3) It looks so delicious right? :) Maybe you have already heard about "odeng". "Odeng" and "eomuk" both are fish cakes made from fish. But this one looks different with "odeng" doesn't it? Yes, the taste is also different.

This one has a thicker and softer texture. (Fish cake with stick usually called HOTBAR in korea) They use vegetables dan seafood for fish cake sticks.   Oohh.. It's so soft.

So yummy! Usually I like corn dog more than fish cake, but today the fish cake stick tasted more delicious. Hotbar at this rest are more delicious than fish cake at market that have a curved shape. I like this rest area's fish cake hotbar more. And...

This one is octopus fish cake stick ($3) *WOW!* The octopus inside the fish cake is so chewy But truthfully I like the earlier one more The one that has a shrimp inside. It has a spicy taste. This one not spicy at all. Next, there's another snack that I will show to you.

If you ask korean people about the special snacks at korean rest area, I'm sure many people will tell you about this. This one also a typical food in korean rest area The name is...... Walnut cake ($2) This is a walnut cake What is walnut in Indonesian?   Walnut is "Kenari" in Indonesian. This is a "Kue Kenari" (Indonesia) It's crispy at the outside and at the inside there is......

 There are red bean and walnut paste at the inside.   For me, the taste is like a cake with red bean filling But many korean people think it's a special snack in rest area. Like just now, there was a person passing by me said "Ah.. I have to try walnut cake!"   If korean people don't eat walnut cake in rest area, it feels unsatisfied.

 The taste is sweet and savory It's more delicious when you eat walnut cake with a glass of milk.   If there's not much time to eat at rest area, many people will just buy walnut cake and immediately back to their bus.   At the rest area, they sell not only snacks, but foods also. They sell foods made from special ingredients from each region.

Right now, I'm at the rest area near my hometown My hometown's typical ingredient is small clams. We called it "jechup" in korea. So I have ordered "jechup bibimbab" (clam mixed rice) Clam mixed rice ($8) It comes with a few side dishes and a bowl of soup. Rice and also the ingredients for the mixed rice (bibimbab) This is "jechup"..

My hometown's typical food   This is also "jechup" soup *WOW!*     It's delicious! There are so much vegetables so it tastes so fresh. Before, I used the red sauce right? It's called "chojang". It gives sour, sweet and spicy taste.     This small clam, "Jechup", has a very chewy meat.

 The taste is not much different from the usual bibimbab, they also use plum juice.   And this is not a water.   It's so refreshing! (Even though it's spicy) This is a Korean egg roll The plum juice is suits with this bibimbab. If they don't use plum juice, it will taste like the regular bibimbab.

The plum juice gives a special taste. A sweet and sour taste is popping inside the mouth. The texture is also very good   It's done..   This time the bowl is also very big.

Yes that's right.. Korean bowl is this big   I ate all the side dishes too Finally, i feel so full. Since I am full now, I have energy for driving again. If you go to Korea, don't miss korean rest area.

You must try snacks at korean rest area. So this is the end of today's video Good bye :)    .

Special Korean food in highway rest area!

No comments:

Post a Comment