Saturday, December 10, 2011

Modern music: Rock Red

If I drive out am and I hear begins modern rock radio one band always my ear; The foo fighters. I said my son one day, when they came up and after I asked him who it was, "I think I like the foo fighters."

"I may listen to them in the car," he said, "but I do not think that I would download the album."

I voted why with him about and then thinking. The foo fighters have good momentum in their music, in contrast to the most bands these days, the vocals are good and the melodies are catchy so, what's the problem? I think that it is because every song, no matter how beautiful can begin it, ends up in a screamfest.

When I was a child my parents would listen to whole lotta love the Beatles twist and shout, or led Zeppelin and say, ", which not singing, this is just screaming." So I am now just old and my people said to me say the same?

I don't think that the problem with a lot of rock music for me is the fact that the singer shouts his lyrics, John Lennon really scream twist and shout and Robert Plant really much screaming, but not on every song, that get radio play. In particular, I think that is the difference in attitude. If a song cried Beatle John Lennon he cried out in joyful exuberance. Looked later in his solo career on songs such as cold Turkey his screams in anguish, on the Beatles, he and McCartney were cries screams of excitement and this is exactly the response that caused it to the listener. On the other hand, when Dave Grohl, or Chris Cornell or the most modern rockers and heavy metal singer screaming it seems as if in a blind rage against the machine, or by other means. A very different feeling as the cries of the people rioting in the streets, you hear the cries which are people riding a roller coaster. It is inviting and makes you excited in the fun and the other join makes you want to run way, at least you have this kind of pent up anger in you.

I can on a band the foo fighters wait, if I am driving around out there, but they are not something what I too late into the night with my headphones on when in bed listening could enjoy. Again, it's not the volume or the intensity, which drives me way, it is behind the emotion. Where are the cheerful, happy songs that have this type of energy?

Back in the 80's as a member of the band the pet shop boys of a record by Liza Minnelli, all people were manufactured and allegedly said to shoot "to God's will, not smile." her, during a video "This is & rock and roll". What the hell? Where does this tradition? Why tell someone, Elvis or Chuck Berry or little Richard or John Lennon or Paul McCartney not to smile?

Rock and roll a form of art and art is reflected in the world in which it is made. Anger, anger and depression are the only acceptable expressions of rock and no wonder it roll over the last thirty years is we have so much trouble. Perhaps a good solution for at least some would once again be our national suffering use rock n roll music as a form to express joy, peace and love, as it once was. It could be a new beginning.

Neal is an artist, writer, filmmaker, Member of the multimedia band, the Tooners and founder of the Director of the rock clip, the Internet and music video sponsorship site (http://www.directorsclip.com) and rock and roll & rehab, for the control & roll (http://www.rocknrollrehab.com).

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment